CD-Changer cable

I have a 97 SC2 with an eq and the CD-changer in the trunk. Earlier this year, the cd-changer failed and it will no longer read any CDs. The head unit just says "ERR".

I'm resigned to buying a new head unit, and I like having a cd-changer that I can fill with a wide variety of discs. I'm considering a Pioneer HU, probably from Crutchfield. I'm certain I can install the head unit myself, and I have no qualms about mounting a new cd-changer in the trunk, but I'm a little uncertain about the routing of the new cable to the trunk.

Has anyone done anything like this? Will I need to tear up my car's interior just to route the cable? Where does the existing cable hide? Would I be able to keep it there, while I add another cable (in order to keep my car "stock")? I would rather not pay an installer just to run the cable, when I can do everything else myself.

Thanks for any tips.

Thanks.

Remove the BALONEY from my email address.

----------------------------------------------------- Matthew Fries Minneapolis, MN USA snipped-for-privacy@baloneyvisi.com

"Quit eating all my *STUFF*!" - The Tick

Reply to
Matthew Fries

and I THOUGHT I had problems ..

Found my music in the early years (Skynrd, Seger, Tina, Cher, Fleetwood Mac, etc.) .. '98 SATURN has a casette tape player .. works for me. However .. in the "old days" .. 2001,'02,'03, I would just slide my 3M automatc tape cleaning head cassette in when I got the "CLEAN" light on my cassette player ... got that at WalMart, Walgreen's etc.

They are no longer available; short of contacting the 3M Company and special ordering them

Yes, I CAN grab some Q-tips and rubbing alcohol and manually clean the heads .. not an easy thing to do when travelling 70 MPH down the highway though LOL

Gotta love "technology".

Reply to
Jon Jon