206 CD changer

I recently got a 2002 206 GTI, but the CD changer was missing. I've now obtained a new CD changer from the dealer and fitted it myself but the radio (head unit) refuses to recognise it.

I'm now told that the radio needs to be configured to recognise the CD changer.

I'm trying to avoid a 150 mile round trip back the deal, so is there any way I can do this myself? I'm considering disconnecting the radio to see if that will reset it or will that just make thing worse.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel

Nope. Your dealer needs to tell the car's Multiplex system that the CD changer is present. Is there no dealer nearer than 75 miles ?

Reply to
Nom

The local dealer said the radio is not covered by the Peugeot extended warranty and will charge £30. I've now taken this up with Peugeot UK, trying to get them to authorise this under warranty.

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel