Color shading difference ???

Greetings,

My daughter just bought a 2003 BRAND NEW Saturn Ion 3 with 100 miles on the odometer. It is Silver-Blue. Nice little car.

I noticed (I haven't mentioned it to her) that the rear end (rear quarter panels and trunk, basically the whole rear end of the car) is a shade lighter in color than the rest of the car. The rear door handles are the same shade lighter than the door.

I wonder if this is normal, because of the poly sides, or is it possible that the rear end of the car was replaced? I would only be guessing but I don't believe that these cars are painted on the regular assembly painting process. Could that account for the slight (very slight) color difference?

Thanks, Jerry

Reply to
GTD

teem