71 Deluxe Bus OEM Wheel Paint Code

I have a 1971 Type 2 Deluxe. The wheels are Silver in color. I am told that this is correct and that standard Type 2 wheels were painted a shade of White. Can anyone provide the OEM code for this Silver? Is there a god source for this information?

Thanks, in advance.

Reply to
Harry Kodiak

Now dont go bringing religion into it ;-)

This is a good source, also try thesamba.com and type2.com.

They will have links also. There is a big VW world out there in cyberspace that will slowly unfold itself to you !

Rich

Reply to
tricky

I can assume the first 2 numbers of your vin is 24?

21 Van (no windows in cargo compartment) 22 Microbus 23 Kombi (windows in cargo compartment) 24 Microbus Deluxe 26 Pick-up 27 Ambulance

If yes, then the correct wheel color for 1971 buses [from August 1970] is L 91 chrome color.

Before that, 68 to 70 buses were either L 581 cloud white or L 41 black depending on the model.

Bumpers:

68-70 were L 581 cloud white 71 were L 90D pastell white
Reply to
Karl