Compatibility of remotes

Recently, I was forced to replace my 1999 Saturn SW2 wagon with a 2000 Saturn LW1 wagon. I have three keyless remotes that went with my '99, but the LW1 only has one keyless remote. Can the LW1 receiver be programmed to recognize the S-series keyless remote? I tried searching around, but couldn't find any information.

Also, is it true that L-series remotes can only be programmed by the dealer or a locksmith with a Tech 2 diagnostic tool? The S-series remote programming procedure was a piece of cake, but it seems that the L-series isn't the same.

Thanks in advance,

-Alan

Reply to
sir_berit

The remotes must have a matching GM # located on the back case of the remote. L and S series typically do need a T2 diag tool to properly program them. It is a 1 min. procedure for a tech, perhaps you can find a mechanic with the T2 diag tool who will be nice and do it for a small fee.

marx404

Reply to
marx404