Re: Diffuculty programing remote for 99 Quest

from

I know people are always wanting to know how to program additional remotes for the keyless entry/alarm so what follows is the procedure from the Nissan Service Manual. Enjoy.

For 1998-2002 Maxima, Pathfinder, Sentra, Altima, and Frontier Vehicles 2002 Quest and Xterra Vehicles:

  1. Programming Procedure:

A. Get in the vehicle. Close and lock all doors using the driver's power door lock-unlock switch.

B. Insert and remove the ignition key more than 6 times within a 10 second period (at a rate of one insertion/removal cycle per second). The key should be withdrawn from the ignition key cylinder completely each time it is removed.

NOTE : Do not rush the insertion/removal key cycling process.

C. Turn the ignition key to the "ACC" position. The ignition key should remain in the "ACC" position throughout the remainder of the programming, including programming of additional remote controllers.

D. Press any button on the remote controller one time.

NOTE : Do not press the button more than one time in the above step. If the button is pressed more than one time, the programming procedure will not be successful.

The hazard warning lights will flash twice when this step is accurately completed and programming is successful. For 2000 Quest vehicles, the side marker/tail/license lamps will flash twice when programming is successful.

E. If you are programming only one remote, proceed to step 3A. If programming additional remotes, continue with step 2A, below.

  1. Programming Additional Remote Controllers (Maximum of 4 Remotes):

A. Remain inside the vehicle after programming the first remote.

B. Use the driver's power door lock-unlock switch to unlock and then lock the doors.

C. Press any button on one of the additional remote controllers one time.

NOTE : Do not press the button more than one time in the above step. If the button is pressed more than one time, the programming procedure will not be successful.

The hazard warning lights will flash twice when programming is successful. For 2000 Quest vehicles, the side marker/tail/license lamps will flash twice when programming is successful.

If there is more than one additional remote to be programmed, repeat steps

2A through 2C above for each additional remote.

  1. End Programming:

A. Remove the key from the ignition.

B. Use the door lock-unlock switch on the driver's door to unlock the doors. Open the driver's door to complete the programming

C. Check the operation of each of the remote controllers by locking/unlocking the doors with each remote controller you have programmed.

Hope this helps....

I just got a replacement remote on ebay for my 99 Quest. I've been > following the instructions exactly and I have been unable to get the > new remote to work. Here's what I have been doing: > > 1). Enter van and lock all doors using driver's power door switch. > > 2). Insert and remove ignition key all the way 6 or 7 times (Note: > the hazard lights do NOT flash after this step. I think the problem > in this step. I've tried fast, slow, 6, 7, 8...nothing seems to work) > > 3). Turn key to ACC postition > > 4). Push lock button on remote > > 5). Unlock door using switch on door. > > I would like to add that the old remote continues to work suggesting > that the code is not being reset. > > > Any suggestions? > > > Thanks, > > Jeff > (remove DONOTSPAM if you respond by email) >
Reply to
LGerlack