congratulations to who ever figures this out!

O.k. I just installed a motor i rebuilt into my '92 sl2. The block and rotating assembly is a 95 sohc and i put on my rebuild dohc head and top end. The '92 car came with 2 coolant temp sensors. 1 for gauge, 1 for pcm. The new head i got only has 1 water port, I do not know the year of the head. So i have the cts in the head for the ecu. I have the guage cts in a coolant pipe. When the motor starts, The dumby light on the dash flashes that it is overheating! The gauge works so i'm sure its not overheating. And my EGTs are holding aroung 800 F Breaking in new piston rings. The car runs very rough, like it is missing. Spark tested, compression tested is good. Trouble code brought up a code 26, quad driver (WTF)?. 23, MAT sensor, they mean IAT. So i replaced the cts for the pcm, and the exact same part number for the IAT. Nothing fixed. Also when it does actualy warm up it starts backfiring enough to scare me to shut off the engine. My Air fuel ratios are good, and vacuum is steady and good. I am stumped at where to look next, please help, ask questions if you need and i will respond quikly. thanks in advance.

Reply to
Carjunky

Anotherthing, The pcm is out of a '95 sl1 manual and the crank sensor is as well. Most of everything else is '92 dohc.

Reply to
Carjunky

There are issues with using a SOHC PCM with a DOHC engine. I would hunt down a proper PCM for starters.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Is there a reason you put a sohc manual PCM into an SL2? Snowman is right, definitely sounds like that's it.

Also, the PCM year range needs to match the crank year range. The crank in a '92 motor (if that's the one you're using) falls into '91 & '92. This crank was different than 93+ for crank timing. Make sure the PCM matches.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]

Reply to
Lane