Help!

I'm going to undertake the first major car maintenance I've ever done: Replace the front wheel bearing. I'm going to take the hub into Saturn (right?) and have them press a new bearing in for me.

I would appreciate a list of tools I'd need to rent, or buy, or find before I get started, so I can have everything done in a day. Preparation is half the battle, no?

I did try to contact Lane as he mentions having to do this quite often on his track 92' SC2 so I was hoping to hear back, but have not.

Any help is appreciated. I do have the "commercial" manuals but they are poor compared to things I've read online as far as "how to's" are concerned.

Sorry for being a car newbie :(

-Brian

Reply to
HyperCube33 (Life2Death)

Never. I did some goggling for a good 45 minutes and found a page that the Saturn search engine overlooked. Thanks though :-\

Reply to
HyperCube33 (Life2Death)

I get so much e-mail that I have problems keeping up with it. I also have very aggressive anti-spam in use as well. Sorry if I didn't get a reply to you.

The first thing I would say is that you NEED a Haynes or Chilton manual if you don't already have one. We can lend hints and tips to improve the task, but nobody will end up describing the process in the detail that one of these manuals does. Plus pictures are worth a thousand words too, remember. I know you stated you don't prefer the commercial manuals, but in this case, I recall my Haynes manual being all that I needed to do the job the first time with minimal fuss.

I posted here on 3/18 on the topic with my thoughts. It may have been in reply to a question by someone else though.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]

Reply to
Lane

You might also want to peruse this forum . . .

Chuck

I did, and it helped complete it fully.

Reply to
HyperCube33 (Life2Death)