good-bye lw200, hello Outlook

gave up on our 2001 Lw-200 Saturday and came home with a 2008 Outlook. Nice crossover, and very big.

Confused about a few things that I haven't found in the manual yet. The dashboard will give average speed and average economy, but not current economy in real-time?

Also, has tow package, and I see a 7-pin wire harness already on the bottom of the car. I ask becuase these was a an "unravel" so I don't know how it comes stock. Are all 7 pins wired? Obvivously without a brake controller the seventh pin would not be powered - but is the center pin attached to the battery and powered?

Also a wire harness was in the trunk, is that fora standard flat 4-pin connector instead, or is it for wiring a break controller?

Reply to
Steph

You talking about the DIC?

On my Avalanche, it won't give "current" economy, but you can always reset it while driving.

On my AV, with the tow package, the brake controller wasn't wired. I added an aftermarket Tekonsha controller.

I hope that helps with your new car.

I test drove the Outlook about a year ago. It seemed like a nice car, but too small for my needs.

(This coming from one who owns a compact Vue.)

Reply to
PerfectReign

Did you buy an XE or XR? XE's have a push button stalk on the gauge pod which only shows a trip computer on the DIC (drivers information console) . XR's have a complex DIC , which is controlled by the 4 buttons on the dash itself , an "i", a road, a checkbox and a check button. Using the i button, you can view information such as trip mileage, av gas mileage, actual mileage, etc. Using the road button, you can see individual tire pressure and more info.

The XE has only basic symbol lights in the instrument cluster. It seems that you have an XE with a tow package.

As far as the pinning of the tow package goes, you will need to consult either your local Saturn shop or a RV place.

Reply to
marx404

"marx404" wrote in news:g94tbl$pdb$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org:

It is a XR model with DIC. And yes those buttons are a bit small. But I only see Trip A, Trip B, Gallons used, Average speed, Average mileage ..... no "actual" mileage. As pointed out, I could reset the AVG, but then that sort of ruins the long term stats.

Reply to
Steph