Headlight/DRL Problem

A few weeks ago I had an unusual problem develop with my 1999 SL1.

My DRLs would not work, and my headlights would stay on high beam (couldn't toggle back to low beam at all) whether I had the headlights turned on or not (the high beam indicator was always on also).

I unplugged the DRL connection, and now the headlights' low beam works, but not the high beam. If I leave the headlights turned off, the DRLs of course don't work, but the DRL indicator will come on, although it will flicker periodically.

Any ideas what's going on?

Many thanks! Phillip Harbin

Reply to
Phillip Harbin