Headlight problem

There is a problem with the headlights on my 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan. The problem is as outlined in the table below: switch position Driver side passenger side DRL on off Low beam off on High beam on off

To summarise: driver side headlight has only DRL and high beam. Passenger side headlight has only low beam.

I've replaced the bulbs and the result is as above. I've also checked the fuses in the engine compartment and all are good.

Reply to
Dakkel Lateg

is your vehicle one where the DRLs work by burning the headlights in series? If so I suspect that you have a DRL module issue.

good luck

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I bet a nickel it's a bad relay in the DRL module.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

I don't know what you mean.

Thank you.

Reply to
Dakkel Lateg

Thank you. I will check it out. Is the relay a replaceable part within the DRL module?

Reply to
Dakkel Lateg

Probably not. That's why it's a "module," you're supposed to replace it as a unit. I mean, you could do it, and on a weird old care you might want to, but on this car a replacement module will be cheap and easy to find.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Where is the DRL module? I've looke in the engine compartment and found a box containing fuses and many relays but not one of them is marked as the DRL module.

Reply to
Dakkel Lateg

On the firewall near the TCM.

Reply to