lower control arm toytoa truck

Can someone please tell me why I can not remove the rear bolt from both lower control arms in a 1988 toytoa truck?

I remove the front bolts like butter then after using a 5lb hammer on the rear and removing the lower ball joint I can not get the back to move out, but can get them to move a little left or right by lifting/lowering the control arm.

I have tryed for hours with no luck-Any ID,s ?

Reply to
delow01

I have a 89 pickup standard bed 2 wheel drive. The torsion bar is attached to the lower control arm isn't it. The bar replaces a coil spring and pulls down the lower control arm. You should put the lower control arm bolts back in so nothing flies out and then loosen the bolt and locknut that pushes on the little arm that pushes on the torsion bar to release tension on it. Once all the tension is gone you can remove torsion bar by putting a vice grip on it and hammering it off. Then remove lower control arm bolts.

delow01 wrote:

Reply to
edokamoto

Yes you must unload the Tbars and remove them. Ait tools are big help with stubborn bolts as the vibration the set up in the bolt can help free then when rusted.

SnoMan