hid saturn?

I want to buy an aftermarket HID kit from Sylvania for about $350. My saturn is a 95 SC2 with pop up headlights. Are HID's installed on pop up headlights a good idea?

Reply to
Alan

They look cool, but let me tell you that they are illegal and you risk getting pulled over for a ticket in most states. If it isn't oem, and a cop is having a bad day, it may cost you alot of money and frustration. (in FL you WILL get a ticket eventually) Also, please do us other drivers a favor and pleeeease have your lights professionally adjusted. I can't tell you how many times at night I have been blinded by a $200. Jamaican Jitney with $300. HID's that were home installed. You might get away with some nice Sylvania Silverstars, they are only about $40. at Wallmart and not as suspicious.

cheers! marx404

Reply to
marx404

It isn't the bulb or the brightness or the colour - it's the patterned

*glass* it shines through which could be your biggest problem. For example, swapping HID directly into an enclosure designed for a 9007 filament is apparently a bad idea - check it out for yourself:

-e

Reply to
NoSetFine