High Milers, how many miles on your Saturn?

Wow! I only do 350 - 490 miles a week to work depending on overtime. You in sales or a really serious long distant commuter?

Wes

Reply to
clutch

Klicks as in Km or Mi?

Wes

Reply to
clutch

'93 SL2 with almost 186,000 miles

Reply to
David Gintz (formerly newdive

In sales. Before the SL2 I had a Mazda Portege, had it for 346,000 miles. Only went as far as a valve cover gasket into the engine, trany, & clutch.

Reply to
mcyben

as in kilometers. I'm actualy up to 213678 km to be exact. And so far there's not too much wrong with it except old age creeping up on it!!!

larry

Reply to
Laurent Doiron

You know, I can't see myself driving 35 miles back and forth to go to work every day!!! You must be a patient man. Heck I drive 5 and a half miles a day and that's return trip!! I can't see myself driving that far.

LIFE'S TOO SHORT...

larry

Reply to
Laurent Doiron

Now if you want to talk mazda, you're going to make me cry!!! Had a mazda

323 hatch 1993. Changed three cvc shafts on it. I loved that little car! But unfortunately had to get rid of it when I bought the saturn. The only thing I don't like about my saturn is that the motor is not very strong. It's an SL! and aonly has a four cylinder. 1.9 litre. The mazda, wich is a very small car especialy the 323, had a 1.6 and was standard. But I'm happy...
Reply to
Laurent Doiron

You give me a lot of hope on the life span of my saturn. Can I assume you have a profile of fairly long distances between stops?

Wes

Reply to
clutch

I used to drive or bicycle 7 miles each way but the job is done (bankrupt) and this winter the facility collapsed from snow load on an un-heated facility.

I drink my coffee, catch the liberal view of the world from NPR/BBC after catching the other side from Fox before I leave the house.

Heck, living in northern Michigan, my 35 mile commute might be shorter than a 10 mile commute downstate.

How is your saturn holding up rust wise? Not sure if you are north or south of my location.

wes

Reply to
clutch

The Saturn has not done as well, Replacement engine & trany at 217,000 miles - oil burner none to 3/4 of a quart of oil in 250 miles [ one day this one day that ] / dealer did not refill trany after replacing 1/2 shaft [ but they say they did ].

Reply to
mcyben
97 SL1 with 132K miles. No major problems. Uses a little oil between changes at 6K miles. Using Restore with oil changes now and cuts down on oil useage. MR
Reply to
MR

Do you use conventional or synthetic for 6k intervals? Thank you.

Reply to
Jerry

Just reg. 5w30 bought by the case at Walmart. It is a generic brand and use the Tech filters. Most of the driving is at hwy speeds though; very little city driving. MR

Reply to
MR

Oh yes, just one more thing. The other day on tv they were ranting about what good mileage the hybrid cars were getting.......around

40mpg I think. Big deal. I also have a standard shift SL that gets around 42mpg on the hwy without the ac running and about 40 with it on and this is at 70mph more or less. MR
Reply to
MR

Thank you.

Reply to
Jerry

1992 SL2 Currently 517, 938 Miles Replaced engine at 438, 000 Miles; still original automatic transmission.
Reply to
Scott
517, 938 Miles ???

Wow, that would take me at least 30 years to rack up those k>

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

Never. Never thought about it when I bought it way back then. The most I ever had was the vehicle before this, but that was only about

124, 000 miles. About a 1000 miles a week commuting.
Reply to
Scott

106,000 miles on our Saturn. Repair costs: ONLY 20 cents per mile= $21,200 !
Reply to
misterfact

About 50k on a '99 SL2 standard. No major repairs, oil changes at 3k mile intervals. Reliable as the day is long and a hill of fun to drive, and it'll be even better when we replace the tires (they're not worn out, but I figure at 50k it deserves new and better rubber). Needs an MP3 radio, though - our VUE has kinda spoiled me; I can put 6 MP3 CDs into the VUE and drive from San Francisco to Los Angeles without changing CDs (with time to spare, too).

mh

Reply to
Matt Hayden