How to erase "engine service" codes in SC2 99' ?

I replaced the oxygen sensor in exhaust collector, but "service engine" light doesn't go off. I did have the code 133 (O2 sensor slow response). Does anybody know how to erase codes? Thank you. Yan.

Reply to
ymg200

I can think of 4 ways:

1) Go to Autozone, ask them to attach a scanner and turn the light off. 2) Buy a cheap (~$99) scanner and do it yourself. 3) Wait a while (many ignition switch cycles) and it will go off itself. 4) Disconnect the battery for about 10 minutes.
Reply to
Kirk Kohnen

#5 Run a 1/2" drill through the PCM a few times...

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

Disconnect the battery for a while. Or just keep driving the car - if you have in fact fixed the problem, it should turn off after a few driving cycles in which the P0133 test runs and passes. Apparently, on this car the P0133 test is run after the engine goes into closed-loop fuel control (which means it must have reached a certain temperature), and RPM must be between

1500-3200 with airflow from 7-25 grams per second for 100 seconds. So a few freeway drives should do it..
Reply to
Robert Hancock

There's a LOT of ways in that general category for erasing LOTS of electronics!

I just sort of presumed that he still wanted to use the PCM after it was erased. Sorry...

Reply to
Kirk Kohnen

...just like an engineer - always being specific! (grin)

Interesting comment about the engine oil usage with the ecotech...

Reply to
Jonnie Santos