Intermittent Stalling

I have 96 SC2 that will at times stall. If it happens it usually only does it one time during the day then it runs fine.

I can usually tell the car is going to stall at the next stop light or stop sign because I can feel the engine missing. If I put the car in neutral and keep reving the engine it will stay running or I can sometimes punch the accelerator a few times and that usually clears it up.

The check engine light is on but autozone could not extract any codes.

Plugs and wires are new. I have had the throttle body off and cleaned it.

I am wondering if it could be a faulty coil pack? I had one go a long time ago but it was pretty obvious then. Can coil packs act up intermittently?

Any thoughts? Thanks

Reply to
whoareyou4