97 SC2 leak in trunk.

Hello, The water is coming in from somewhere on the passenger side of the trunk in that side well. It only gets wet when driving in the rain. Am assuming it is getting in from the water being thrown off of the rear wheel. That being said seems to me the seal on the outside has failed. So the water is wicking in. It gets to the carpet and continues to wick in. Capillary action. I cleaned the inside of the trunk where the leak seemed to be coming in from and re-sealed what was originally done at the factory with RTV. Hopefully this will stop the leak for now. My concern is that the water is already into the outside seal and will rust now. Any ideas how do deal with this? How would one get to the source of the outside seal leak before it gets totally rusted through? Thanks, Dan.

Reply to
DannyB20

Well I was totally wrong on where the water was coming in from. I live near Chigago and there has been measurable rain here, I think, every day for the last 5 days. I pulled all of the matting away from the trunk well and everyday there was about an inch of water there. With or without driving. Using a watering can I was able to pinpoint where the water was coming in from. The seal on the rear window on that side has failed. So using a silicone sealant I sealed it back up. Hope fully this will do the trick.

Reply to
DannyB20