ION starting problem

Hi

I'm wondering if anyone has that this problem with 2004 ION 1. About a week ago my wife went to start the car and the car and padlock symbol light and Service Engine or Interval displayed in the mileage dispay and she then tried to start the car it would not start. After second attempt the car started and the car symbol and message went off. We thought this was a one off. Well today in Costco same thing happened to me but this time it took four times to start the car and on the third attempt heard this loud banging noise. I took four more trips today without any problems. Spoke to Saturn Service and have it booked in for Monday. Anyone else had the same problem as I'm thinking the dealer may try and brush it off since it does not happen everytime?

Thanks

Reply to
<m.burnside

nope. There are known issues concerning the ION and batteries causing it not to start. The shop should know whats up and should be able to fix it. Battery issues seem more prevalent in '03, '04 models than later years.

marx404

Reply to
marx404