Jammed Sunroof

I was driving home today and decided to open my sunroof. After a cracking sound that it usually makes (I can make a digital video for anyone if they'd like) the drivers side became stuck, wont open or close.

I know SC2's are problematic with having headliners and sunroofs leak.

Should I pony up the cash to replace it? Scour a salvage yard for (hopefully) the parts I need to give me another good 10 months?

Reply to
HyperCube33

Sorry for the obscure post. Later on today I'll post pictures, and maybe a video link to show what happens when attempting to open and then re-close the sunroof. The loud cracking (actually, sounds more like a plastic gear skipping or jumping) coming from near where the button is. I have yet to aquire directions nor time (weekend is coming up soon!) to remove the headliner and inspect whatever and attempt to figure out how it works, and what is wrong.

Reply to
HyperCube33

Contact Joey at 6th Planet for some information on this area.

Reply to
NapalmHeart

Does the skipping sound repeated if you keep opening? If so, your sunroof cable and motor gear worn and you ne to replace them. You could start with a set of cable if doing it your self. if that doesn't solve the problem, you need a new motor as well. Motor and cables replacement are common problems on SC sunroof.

They are relatively easy to change.

HyperCube33