Leaking sunroof

I just got a '96 Saturn SL2. The sunroof seal looks good, but I get water coming in during really heavy rainstorms (every day here in South Florida). I heard something about a drain system for the sunroof, but I do not see anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Jeff Pesula

Sunroofs leak. Even with good seals. They're equipped with drains...probably 4 small holes, one in each corner of the sun roof "housing."

Those holes get clogged with dirt or dust or sand. If the holes don't look clogged, don't fret. Read on...

Not sure about the '96, but my '94 was easy to resolve. The holes are connected, via rubber tube through your windshield and rear window posts. If you remove the plastic panels (left panel by your left foot as the driver, or by your right foot as the passenger) you should be able to see the rubber tubes. Those tubes pull off their drain and can be cleaned.

To remove the panel, I had to remove the left and right (respectively) air vents. Phillips head screw driver, as I recall.

Was about a 30 minute fix.

Good luck.

Barry in C'ville

Reply to