Leaking sunroof

Hi there

Im new here!, I own a Landrovery discovery series 1 (94), I have had a leaking rear sunroof and so I replaced the rubbers, all seemed well but my rear sunroof is still leaking

The rubbers are fitted correctly, I was wondering if anyone had a clue what I could do???

thanx :)

caz

Reply to
caz

Are you sure they're fitted correctly? Check them against the front one. Mine was leaking and I replaced the seal, fitted meticulously in the exact same way as the old one came out. It still leaked, and it took me some time to realise that it was because both old & new seal had been wrongly fitted.

Refitted and it seals perfectly.

David

Reply to
David French

If seals are definitely ok and in the correct way. Then check the drain pipes aren't blocked, best with two peeps one to poor and one to see the water coming out. Other than that you may have a drain pipe off and this will need roof lining out or I do believe the glass itself can lose it correct curvature, this I believe is solved by replacement or at the very last resort I have seen it done by flexing the glass back to its original form.

Jinx

Reply to
Jinx

I think this is a common problem with Disco's (I have '98 series 1 with exactly the same problem): sunroof water ingress, upper windscreeen rubber water ingress, rear end door seal water ingress and finally, E-post trim area water ingress. Water ingress via the sunroof (front and rear) might be caused by the absence of the water dam gasket. Water will then be dripping from the handle/motor. Another possibility is a bad fit between glass and glass seal. In this case Land Rover recommend fitting a spacer kit. But I think the first thing you got to do is to clear the drain tubes - I think they are in the front corners. Water poored into the drain tubes should be visible underneath the vehicle.

HTH,

Richard

caz wrote:

Reply to
Richard

Caz,

Leaking sun roof's (and other places) are a common problem on S1 Discovery's - so much so that LR published no less than 5 technical bulletins for the dealers to use in solving the problems. I have these bulletins in pdf format and can email them to you if you want - total is about 3Mb. Sunroof file is about 160kb.

HTH Steve G

Reply to
SteveG

SteveG wrote in news:npp1qvsr1qrc6vi3hv4ifvjdmjrbcufet6@

4ax.com:

Would it be possible to put these bulletins on the Web and post the URL(s) to the NG? That would let several group members get the bulletins without you having to email to each.

TIA,

Reply to
Geoff Lane

Good idea. I'll bung them on my web site and post the URL here.

Regards Steve G

Reply to
SteveG

LR Tech Bulletins are now available for viewing and downloading at

Regards Steve G

Reply to
SteveG

SteveG wrote in news:hcv1qv06f6d41b4tgnlthaknnlpnh02ttb@

4ax.com:

Many thanks -- much appreciated.

Reply to
Geoff Lane

No problem ... might as well become a permanent fixture :-)

Regards Steve G

Reply to
SteveG