Subaru Sunroof

I want to see what people will say about my sunroof problems. My car is 1990, with over 200,000 km on it. So it's old, I'm not surprised that I am having problems!

The sunroof stopped working at one point, early this year. It didn't stop completely, it's like it had it's days off. As time went on, it started taking more days off more often. Sometimes it would work one day, and I'd open it, but when I wanted to put it down it wouldn't work and I would have to manual crank it shut again. Eventually it just didn't work at all.

Luckily we have 3 Subarus that are parts cars, so I was able to replace the sunroof motor with another one. After over coming a few more difficulties after changing the motor, the sunroof worked again.

I haven't gotten around to reinstalling the interior roof of the car yet. If it's raining or has been raining, when I make a turn with the car water will fall on my head! It comes out somewhere around where the sunroof is, but I cannot see exactly where it comes out because it doesn't leave any drips or wet areas behind. I'm wonding if not having the liner in is causing this problem. I don't want to put the liner in yet incase it is something else causing the sunroof to leak. If it is something else I'd like to fix that first. The drains for the sunroof seem to be in place and not clogged with anything from what I can see.

Any comments would be appreciated!

Reply to
PokoFish

The liner still being out sounds like a blesisng in disguise! Try blowing out the drains with an airline. Often helps. That it's happening on corners would seem to point to water sitting somewhere.

If that all checks out, sit inside while someone hoses the roof with a high pressure hose or a gerni, or else sit in the back while it goes thorugh the carwash. Is any water coming in?

If not, sit in the back for a while with someone else driving and check what's drowning the driver!

If so, try pushing the roof up against the seal & if that stops it, try an adjustment to get it closing properly. Cheers

Reply to
hippo