Light problems

I have a 92 saturn sl sohc 1.9L When I hit my brakes my dash lights, and my parking lights come on even with the key out of the ignition. or when I am driving as soon as I hit my brakes the dash lights get brighter. Could it be two wires grounding off. If so which wires and where are they located at. thank you

Reply to
punxyguy

I would suspect that there may be a problem with the tail lights. There are two elements in the tail light bulbs, both controlled by separate circuits. If there is corrosion in a tail light socket, the brake light circuit can feedback into the running light circuit, which also controls the dash lights. When you apply the brakes, both circuits are energized.

If you find corrosion in the tail lights, clean the sockets and base of the bulbs. If the corrosion is too bad to clean, then replace the sockets and/or bulbs.

Coat> I have a 92 saturn sl sohc 1.9L When I hit my brakes my dash lights, and my

Reply to
Mike J

Have the brake held down and start moving the wires around and watch for them to go off. When they do you'll know you are in the right area with any luck.

Reply to
blah blah

Reply to
Penguin via CarKB.com

ok I am back I replaced all my bulbs I cleaned all the sockets out the didn't have anything wrong with them the did have dilet in them but the problem still persists any other suggestions would be great thanks for the help first time owner of saturn and starting to regret it lol

Reply to
punxyguy