Looking for a Yellow Connector

Hi,

We're looking for a small (about 1.5 in x .5 in) yellow plastic connector that is part of the clock spring.

We've heard it called : yellow 2-way connector/yellow connector/SIR connector but we think the proper name is: Inflator Module Connector

It's for a 2000 SL that has been in an accident and we are rebuilding. The airbags deployed in the accident and we purchased new ones that we're installing - with no serious potential threat because we removed the fuse and the sensor is blown right now anyway.

We've already installed the new passenger bag but were in the process of installing the driver side when we discovered this little yellow piece under the steering wheel cover, behind the airbag, that would attach the airbag to the clock spring had been melted in the previous accident.

We can't afford an entire new clock spring and have had a VERY VERY hard time finding this piece anywhere. Anyone have any ideas or an extra one laying around?

We can email a picture too.

Thanks for all your help!

Reply to
i'mnew

try 6th planet used autoparts. I think it's

Joey can get you any Saturn part that you need at a good price. Of course, theres always your local junkyard too.

marx404

Reply to
marx404