LW300 rear suspension bushings

I heard a clunk in the rear going over a bump. Thought it was a bad shock but it turned out to be a worn lower control arm outer bushing. I called two parts dealers and they have no listing for bushings. Before I go to Saturn parts, does anybody have information on the availability of these? Was hoping to just replace the one that was gone. My experience with Saturn is that you have to buy much more than you actually want.

Oppie

** Posted from
**
Reply to
oppie

Took the car in to my friend's garage. He confirmed that the lower control arm outboard bushing was bad. The part was ordered from Saturn and wheel was disassembled and ready to go when the part arrived. Unfortunately, Saturn sent a part that did not fit (appeared to be the inboard control arm bushing).

Reply to
Oppie

Got the car back today from the shop. The bushings that Saturn parts sent WERE correct and just looked wrong for some reason. Old one pressed out of the trailing arm knuckle and new one pressed in. Wheel is now nice and solid again - no camber wobble. Turns are nice and crisp - no under steer. Got it passed NY State inspection and all good.

Reply to
Oppie