Missing/bucking: 97SL2

...getting some missing and bucking under load (lugging) at low rpm's. I looked at my spark cables and one has a big groove in it from chafing against the cam cover. These are the oversized, aftermarket ones from SPS. And because I'm out of sync with the normal maintenance and service schedule and don't think I've had fresh plugs since the rebuild at 44k, I've went back to SPS and ordered some plugs, cables and a pair or new Accel coils (for luck).

I'm guessing if this doesn't take care of it I should get the PCM scanned for something typical (of a SL2 with this mileage) like the EGR valve and maybe even an oxy sensor (considering the mileage). I just don't want to throw money blindly...

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

Matt hotmail

It started using oil in the 30k range and ramped up past the 1 qt in 2k miles spec by 44k - so before the oem warranty ran out, I bought an extended warranty and then Saturn did the rebuild (rings, hone the cyls, valve stem seals) under the ext warranty. It's got 88k now and is feeling pretty tired.

Reply to
Jonnie Santos