oil in radiator holding tank

own a saturn 1995 sl series went to add coolant in tank and got back up oil in the tank any suggestions may be a blown head or gasket?

Reply to
Saturndriver
16 valves : Gasket 8 valves : May be gasket, prob. craked head

good lock Denis "Saturndriver" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

Reply to
D. Gignac

SL? SL what. 1 - 2?

What are you seeing exactly? Because a lot of people see things that have nothing to do with what they're seeing. If you had a cracked head or failed head gasket you would more likely have coolant in you oil not oil in your coolant. Why no one on here ever suggest a pressure test of the cooling system and automatically concludes the worst keeps baffling me.

Reply to
blah blah

It might be a vanilla SL.

According to a June 17, 1999 AP article ("Saturn covers repair bill for faulty '94-'96 cylinder parts") I have, "If oil has leaked into the coolant, it would be a sign of cylinder head cracks and need for repairs."

Reply to
Steve

I myself had the same problem with my 95SL and Saturn replaced the engine in the car even though I bought the car used. Contact your local Saturn dealer and inform them of teh problem. Hopefully that is all the problems you will have with yours unlike mine.

Reply to
SaturnHater