OIl Pan?

I had to change the starter on my daughter's 95 SC1 yesterday, got it done but it was a real bear.

I discovered that the oil pan has leak so I need to replace it. I think I will pull the pan off today and get the part tomorrow and then finish.

Here's the question/concern.

I've done some searching on old newsgroup articles that pertain to the removal of the pan. I wanted something more then what my Haynes manual described.

It looks like it is doable job. Does the crankshaft bolt and pulley have to be removed? When I look at the pan from underneath it does not look like it does have to be removed,(I know I could be wrong) So any help or suggestion are appreciated.

But many of the bolts are going to be difficult to get to though.

Thanks

Reply to
whoareyou4

I'm curious as to what kind of leak the pan has? Has the metal been punctured?

About 5 years ago I had to replace the oil pan on my Jeep, the bolts were all easy to access, but they were so badly rotted that I had to use a series of SAE and metric sockets pounded on to get them out. But my Jeep collects rust so easily that I need two cans of PB blaster and a torch just to change the radio station.

When replacing any of the oil pan bolts, use grade 8 bolts, or at least grade 5. I used the cheap plain old stuff and broke the head off.

-David

Reply to
David Teichholtz