People Last

Very cool. Even better since you got one of the last of the S series (my fave).

Off topic - I almost bought an import pickup yesterday. When the deal feel through I remembered how easy it was to buy my SL-2 back in '97. Currently there's a retro lime green VUE Red Line at my dealer (with a huge rebate) that is sounding so tempting about now... (but I need a pickup)

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

Blah blah

...you know Blue made a similar comment years ago when I mentioned how neat it would be to put an old-school Chevy 327 (aimed in the right direction, i.e. RWD) in my SL-2. (grin)

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

Most anything like that can be done if you have enough money!

Ken

direction,

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Napalm Heart

...there we go again - I'm always a few bucks short!

Did I tell you I was shopping for a used plane? I want to take flying lessons and thought a Cessna would be cool. And since I'm a little older now I could go a little up on the bling level without seeming cocky. So I went shopping and found a used Citation X. They wanted $16,000,000 and that was about $16,000,000 over my budget. So on the rebound I went in the opposite direction and went looking at boats (what good Portuguese boy doesn't love the ocean, eh?). So I found something under 200 feet and it was about 5 times the cost of the plane. I can't win. So both of them are officially off my list and so are cool car mods.

I guess that's why there's Guinness and cable TV - life is good!, really!!

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

mmmmm, Guinness! :-)

marx404

Reply to
marx404

I always wanted to fly but my inner ear is a bit messed up and I get dizzy doing a forward roll. Would never pass the flight physical. Did get to take the stick once in a Navy T-34 single engine propeller driven trainer. Was totally awesome. Did a few turns but kept it bubble side up. My son bought a Sea-Doo 4-seater jet boat a few years back. He got tired of it after a couple of seasons about the time I was thinking of buying a small fishing boat. Picked up the payments and now have the 14 foot boat that cruises at about 30 mph and is a lot of fun. Oppie

Reply to
Oppie