push to connect fuel lines leak

The two fuel lines at the top center of my 2000 V-6 have apparently just push to connect type fittings. I had one come loose, and pour gas all over the engine and the ground below the car. I was fortunately just coming to a stop. When I opened the hood, a huge cloud of gasoline "fog" rose off the motor.

This seems to be a pretty bad thing, even though there was not fire. Have others had this problem? Is there a standard fix?

Thanks,

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne