Re: Saturn AC hose connector question

Yes, I had the connector to my A/C radiator come lose and completely discharge the system. I have also seen the refill valve core get a bit loose and cause a slow leak. I went to the auto parts store and bought a valve core tool and retighted the core and stopped the leak

I've been trying to figure out my air conditioning and what the problem > might be. I'd previously added a can of R134A which brought the level up > to the high end of the acceptable fill range of the gauge. This is the > reading from the 'low side' of the system schrader port. At the moment, > what pressure that reading corresponds to escapes me as the gauge is > currently not within my reach. A week later, the pressure was down to > the level of the gauge that indicates that more R134A is required. Then > I noticed something that I never saw before all this but I believe did > exist for sometime. The 'high side' schrader valve was loose enough to > rotate in either direction, by hand, clockwise, or counterclockwise. > Saturn did my retrofit four years ago to the R134A. Can these valves > work loose somehow? I tried tightening it by hand so far and now am > wondering what the best advice would be at this point. It worked OK > going into this last winter and then seemed to peter out. Any > suggestions or advice will be appreciated. I currently do not have a > 'high side' gauge. Thanks. >
Reply to
Mike