Re: SL2 Manual Transmission

I haven't had problems with my 2000 SL2's transmission or clutch, yet. Now at 201,178 miles. But then, the whole car dosen't feed as solid as my Mazda did. It had 344,500 miles on it and still the org. clutch. I hope the SL2 can last to at least 300,000 miles.

Purchased a 2000 SL2 new. At about 20,000 miles, the clutch needed to > be replaced. The dealer did this under warranty with no hassle. I > recently took the car in for an oil change at 36,000 miles and was > told of a large transmission fluid leak. Took it to the dealer, and it > now needs a new shift tower gasket - not covered by warranty. > > I've been driving manual transmissions (Datsun, Chevy, Honda, Ford, > '94 Saturn) for 20 years and never had a problem until this car. The > '94 Saturn has the classic Saturn oil-consumption problem, but no > problems in 120,000 miles with its transmission. Are transmission > problems a known issue with later model SL2s?
Reply to
<mcben

I just had the same problem a couple of days ago. No one I know had the problem either, except for other people who owns this stupid Saturns. It was a very scary experience when the thing broke on me while driving. A mechanic friend of mine look at it and and told me he was dissapointed with Saturn because they use cheap plastic to cover this vital function of the car. One more thing, Saturn charge the hell of it to replace it, the part cost 180 plus 225 more for the labor. They robbing people because they are aware of the problem.

Reply to
javier ortiz

What year is your SL2 ?

Reply to
BANDIT2941

I have a 2001 SL. Does the SL2 have a different tranny given the extra HP?

Reply to
Ricky

...not that I've ever heard.

Reply to