Rear Wiper: 99 SW2

Anyone have a problem with the rear wiper of a 99 sw2.

Cost involved?

I think mine is messed in the switch on the wiper control arm....cost of arm/repairable by self?

Any input is welcome...

Graham

99 SW2 - Loaded 5 speed - The only way!!!!
Reply to
Graham Fralick

If the switch design is like my 95 SW2 then most probally the wires that travel down the outside of the switch arm to the main switch body have broken at the solder joints, like mine did. I remove the plastic from around the steering column and soldered them back on. A little glue to prevent the wire from flexing right at the solder joint should make it last longer. The transition between a solder joint and the stranded wire fatigues easily and should be prevented from flexing for long sevice.

Reply to
D V Brownell

thanks for the tip....i should take a look at it closer and see if i can reveal the problem.

Thanks again... Graham

D V Brownell wrote:

Reply to
Graham Fralick