replace side view mirror

Can anyone help me out on replacing a side view mirror on an L300. I'm assuming I need to remove the interior piece of triangular trim so I can get to the mirror assembly. How do I remove the necessary trim without breaking it?

Thanks

Reply to
JAMES CANNON

JAMES CANNON wrote: > Can anyone help me out on replacing a side view mirror on an > L300. I'm assuming I need to remove the interior piece of > triangular trim so I can get to the mirror assembly. How do I > remove the necessary trim without breaking it?

On my wife's 97 SL1 most of the trim just snaps off. It's often necessary to get a pry bar (screwdriver) behind the trim and pry close to the individual retainer springs, so as not to bend the trim.

Reply to
Dan Hicks