Bulb replacement help...

...still looking for some input on **how** the bulb comes out of its holder on a 97SL2. These are the two Christmas tree bulbs/lamps that sit behind the HVAC controls in the center pod below the radio - one lamp is on each side.

Guess I could do a picture if that would help - let me know (please)...

TIA

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

Jonnie Santos wrote: > ...still looking for some input on **how** the bulb comes out of > its holder on a 97SL2. These are the two Christmas tree > bulbs/lamps that sit behind the HVAC controls in the center pod > below the radio - one lamp is on each side. >

It so happens that I had my wife's console (ok, make it my wife's 97 Saturn's console) apart today. You remove the bulb holder by twisting it 1/4 turn, then you simply pull the bulb straight out of the socket. The grey plastic retainer on the back of the bulb holder is a red herring.

Now, if you could help me with the parking light short.

Reply to
Dan Hicks

I got the 1/4 turn thing, and I got the grey plastic retainer off too - I'll try pulling on the bulb - thanks?

Is your parking light short on the same car with the IP short? Think they're related? Guys used to talk about a loose grounding strap somewhere that would cause all kinds of grief - anyone care to chime in?

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

Yeah, same car. At least I'm assuming that it an IP short that's taking out the parking lights, since pounding in that general area seems to provoke the problem. Not sure how a loose ground could cause it, though, unless it's bumping into something.