SES - Code 19?

This morning starting my engine, the SES light came on. When I got to work I shorted to the pins and read a code of 19. I checked the net, but could find alot of useful information. The code is " 6X signal fault (92-95 models) " I have a 92 SC2.

Can anyone comment on what this could be? Engine was running as normal, couldn't hear anything funny.

Thanks.

Reply to
sss

Ignition fault or PCM fault. First thing is to check all connections for the PCM and the Ignition module system. Make sure they are clean and tight. No chafed or cracked areas.

Reply to
Mike Martin

The SES light came on, on Friday, and I don't drive the car on the weekends(it's just my set of wheels to drive to work, 15mins) and on Monday morning the SES light didn't come back on. Everything seems to be ok with the engine, doesn't seem to sound like it's misfiring or anything like that.

Should I still have a look at it? Or wait until the SES comes back on?

Thanks.

Reply to
sss

Pay attention and see if it seem to be weather related. Damp/wet weather.

Reply to
Mike Martin

Will do. But I did noticed this morning on the way to work as I was stopped, the engine just didn't sound right at one point, it sounded like it was going to stall, the RPM seemed to go down as far as 300RPM then back to it's normal range of about 600-700 RPM. There was also a clanking noise as well from the engine, I guess the best sound to explain it would be something like when the engine is JUST about to stall. Don't recall what the weather was like on Friday, but for the past few days it's been overcast and alittle damp. So maybe that's one of the reasons the SES light went out.

Thanks for the comments.

Reply to
sss

Sounds like the timing is off, and possibly the mixture.

On my wife's 97 I've fixed this kind of problem by simply disconnecting the battery cable for several minutes to reset the computer (which occasionally slips a cog, apparently). It runs rough for a day or two until it "trains", then it's back to normal.

Reply to
Dan Hicks

Thanks, I'll give that a shot this weekend. I normally only ever use the car to drive to work. So it just sits in the driveway for the weekend anyways.

Reply to
sss