Inside Rear View Mirror

The inside rear view mirror on my 98 T100 won't stay put. A little bump or vibration and I'm looking at the inside of the tailgate. Does anyone know a trick to stiffen the mirror (short of replacing the whole assembly)?

Thanks in advance, Gary.

Reply to
Gary Sawyer

The small peice of rubber that sits between the windsheild and the mirror has fallen off.

Go to your local car yard and look as if your keen on taking a car for a test drive and remove that one. Problem solved.

Or if you actually have morals (Unlike I seem to with that post!) try somthing like a small piece of polystyrene or the like and jamm it up behind the mirror stem. Again popping into someone elses car can show you what your missing.

Reply to
Scotty