Replacing drivers mirror glass

During a cold snap 2 winters ago my drivers side outside mirror glass cracked down the middle. It has since fractured in a few more places so I've bought a new glass for it. However, my Haynes guide does not say how to replace the glass.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Any hints would be welcome.

Thanks.

Jeff

Reply to
Jocko

Jocko wrote: t. However, my Haynes guide does not say how

I've never tried to replace just the glass, but to remove the mirror itself on an S-series isn't hard. remove the "shark fin" trim piece, pull out the foam insulation, then remove the 3 10mm nuts that hold the mirror in place. If it has a power mirror (post 99 I think), unplug the connector. If it has a manual mirror, when you remove the shark fin trim, use an allen wrench to remove the adjuster from the trim.

Install is the reverse.

Reply to
Kevin

Yes, Haynes covers that part, but it's the actual removal of the glass from the main assembly that has me stumped.

Anyone?

Jocko

Reply to
Skip

Or just glue the new one over the old one, double faced foam tape should work fine

Reply to
Nick Hull