Drivers door mirror replacement.

The drivers door mirror on my Rover 420 (1997 2.0 SLi) was recently broken. The glass was smashed and the clip behind, which attaches the glass to the motorised mounting, was lost.

I've managed to get some new mirror glass, however I can not find anyone who can supply just the plastic clip and associated ball-joint pins which fix the glass to the mounting. Various outlets including my nearest Rover dealer told me that they can only supply a whole door mirror. As it is not broken I don't want to have to pay for a new one!

Can anyone suggest where I might find just the plastic clip and the associated ball joint pins to attach the glass to the mirror?

Thanks, Shaun.

Reply to
Code Developer

Scrap yard?

Reply to
manoman

Tried the local ones - they'll only sell complete door mirror units, not the component parts!

Reply to
Code Developer

You'll find that's the case everywhere.

Reply to
Conor

You could try and find a broken one with the part you need - think they're often the same on different makes of cars. Of course, the scrappie might have a minimum charge.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

You are not likely to find a scrappy allowing you to take a door mirror apart so you can get a part inside -That just leaves a useless mirror that is no good to man nor beast . It cant be that expensive -why not just buy the thing and get it over and done with :-) Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Looks like you're right. The scrappies near me charge around £20 for a mirror, so it looks like I'll have to buy the whole thing. Still annoying when the clip I need is probably worth no more than 20p!

Regards, Shaun.

Reply to
Code Developer