Saturn victim emails misterfact

Dear Mister Fact;

> > Hello, > > I also am very frustrated with the integrity of the > saturn car dealership here in (deleted) I > have been on top of every check-up in the 43,000 > miles of my car's life. I own a 2003 Saturn Ion. On > January 28, I took my car in because my coolant > light was on. They couldn't find a leak doing a > pressure test - so then they topped off my coolant > and told me I was okay to drive it. 4 weeks later, > my engine is overheating and upon inspection, they > let me know that my cylinder head is cracked and my > engine needs to be replaced. 43,000 miles!! I did > everything to the "t" as far as car upkeep: oil > changes, 30,000k tune up, tire rotation, fluid > check, etc... and the Saturn of (deleted) > aren't owning up to their role in this mess nor am I > getting anywhere with the customer service rep. at > Saturn Inc. > Do you have any advice/tips to pursue this further > or get someone to own up to the poor quality of > service and the horrible products they are making? > > They told me that I probably had a 'lemon' - that > one car that was made on a Friday afternoon before > the weekend ---- and the engine was probably faulty > from the start. > > Thanks in advance for getting back to me about this. > > -Christen >

Hi;

As a last resort you could stand in front of the dealership with a big sign like I did. In your case:

"Saturn Ion with this dealership's TLC

ENGINE HEAD cracks at 43,000 miles due to manufacturing flaw

SATURN WON'T PAY FOR REPAIR "

Show the dealer your sign first. My dealer called the cops but I was 4 feet from the road (public property) so the cops left me alone.

Reply to
misterfact