Question: '03 Ion electrical

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and, if so, how they have fixed it.

I've got an '03 Ion that very occasionally doesn't want to start...battery has power, it'll often crank a bit over and then die with the "service engine" note appearing. I suspect it is a loose wire near the fusebox under the hood, but I'm not certain.

Any like experiences out there and any advice about where to start to confirm and/or fix?

Cheers,

Michael

Reply to
M. Halliwell

take the battery somewhere and have it checked. There was an issue with '03/04 IONs doing just that on the lot when they sat for awhile without being driven for days at a time. If the car was driven daily no problem, this was due to the alarm draining power and attenuation of the battery cable which was resolved in late '04. If it is a daily driver, definitely have the car diagnosed for both electrical and computer problems.

Reply to
marx404

Well, it's been looked after. I hadn't clued in...a couple years ago when Consumer Reports said that the S series were easy to steal, someone tried to take my Ion...coupled with a couple years of use since and the ignition was going (passkey was having issues)...not issues since.

Reply to
M. Halliwell