SC2 still getting water logged

The saga continues...taking my '02 SC2 back to the garage 1st thing in the morn. Last week, I had it in and they thought they sealed up a seam where it was leaking. The leak is evidently coming from up by the underside of the cowl vent or nearby up high above the heater motor, waaay up there where you cannot see.

I was able to locate a seam where there was apparently a bit of sealant missing. Running a hose on the cowl are in front of the pass side caused a bead of water to drip down under the rubber matting under the rug and down the footwell/firewall.

Today we had a real gullywasher of a rainstorm here in SC and afterwards I checked the car, guess what? Same puddle same leak. Grrrrrr.

Other than checking and resealing the cowl and windshield seals, any ideas? The fresh air recirculation screen is intact (the one you sent me a pic of before BlaBla).

Reply to
marx404

Well, a quick follow up. Took my car into the shop and told them to go crazy with the sealant. Hope that did it. Funny thing is that nobody can recreate the leak, it only happens during a heavy downpour, Hope that the sealant did the trick.

Reply to
marx404

I forget, did you check for clogged drains such as the evap, cowl, or what ever else?

Reply to
BläBlä

Supposedly they did check for those, but the car leaks from rain when sitting in the parking lot. I shoved some paper towels up in the seam area waaay up under the rubber matting under the carpet where the fender seals with the floorpan, far up under the pass side dash. Ran some water and had no leaks other than the wet paper towel. Guess that's how I'll solve the leak for now until it can be resolved.

Reply to
marx404