Seat belt locked

Hi folks, hope ya can help me.

Got a '97 SL2 with a drivers side seat belt that is locked on the bottom side (the top side pulls out and retracts fine). Tried pulling and pushing the belt to no avail.

The questions I have are: Can I fix this myself? If yes, how do I fix it? Do I need to buy a new part? How much would Saturn charge me to fix this, ballpark?

Thanks for any insight.

Reply to
Howdy

Don't know if this will help. On a diferent make of car, I droped a dime from change recieved at a drive up window. Somehow it managed to drop into seat belt latch and jamned it. The dime lodged under the latch plate inside the buckle.

Wes

Reply to
clutch