Some quick SL2 questions

I got my 93 SL2 recently...and am loving it.

Some questions.

At the shifter (automatic) what does the "normal" and "performance" button actually do?

Do you guys notice that it does a lot of searching to shift from 1st to

2nd when it's not warmed up?

The car moves well, with pep, when warmed up, but when not warmed up properly, the acceration feels 'sticky?'

How do I change the light bulb in the front console, for the fan and heater controls?

Reply to
eb7g

Some answers to your questions are below.

Bob

The switch changes the shift points. In economy mode the shifts are sooner and at lower RPM so this gives better mileage. In Performance mode the engine "winds out" more and shift points are higher giving more "power" and consuming more fuel.

My son has a '96 SL1 with 117K miles and we have never noticed this happening on his vehicle. The transmission still shifts very cleanly and performs very well. I did change the fluid and filter about 6K ago purely for preventive reasons.

Again, have not noticed this on our car. When was yours last tuned up?

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Thanks for the info Bob.

I think the car actually changed a lot between the 93-95 run and the 96 run and later.

I read in a car review book actually that the car is known to:

1) run very hot 2) have wind noise at high speed in the cabin 3) do a lot of searching between first and second

But tune up, GOOD point, I don't think I've had it tuned since I got it.

Bob Shuman wrote:

Reply to
eb7g