Taillight keeps failing

The right taillight/brake light on my '98 SL2 keeps burning out on me (but not immediately). This is the second or third time in the last year or so that I've had to replace it. Any ideas on what the problem might be?

Reply to
Louis Hom

____________________________________________________________________________ __

On my 98 SL2, one of those lights in back (don't recall which one) burned out. Had the bulb replaced by Saturn. Same bulb burned out in 1 month, so of course they replaced it for free. No bulb problems for the last 10K or so. Just defective bulbs?

Reply to
Jay Bollyn

Judging from driving behind them, it seems like Saturn SLs have always had a high rate of tail light failures.

Reply to
satyr

i have a 99 sl with 101k and amongst all of the other problems i've had with it, i have never (knock on wood) burnt ANY bulbs!

Reply to
phat-phuck

Ignoring his agents wishes,"Jay Bollyn" flung open the hotel room door and announced to the gathering crowd:

If it's the same problem we had with our 00 LS2, the dealer said it's not the bulb, it's the tail light assembly itself. The stupid way the bulb connects into the tail light "hole" wears out the metal coating and then the connection is broken, not the bulb. There was a redesigned tail light assembly Saturn put out and we had it replaced under warranty. Haven't had the problem since.

Here's where you may find out info on TSB's and recalls on your vehicle:

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

-Unknown

Remove "die spammers" to email

Reply to
wideglide01diespammers

I have had several issues with my tail lights/rear brake lights having to do with the socket itself as well. However, I could find any TSB info at that web site(but the search method isn't the best). Does anyone have an actual TSB number?

TIA

Reply to
J Swain

Reply to