L200 headlight problem?

I once rented a new L200 for a long driving tip. The headlights seem to be poorly aimed. On low beam, the aim is about 15 degrees up from level. I had a lot of time to figure out the angle by watching it splashed on the side of trailers :( Flipping to high beam is basically useless, it seems to light up the trees!

The drive was not fun, getting flashed many times by cars and truckers. Plus, the reflective signs on the interstates are too annoying bright when illuminated by poorly aimed lights. If I had tools, I would have fixed it myself out there in the middle of nowhere.

Was that just a bad L200, or are they all delivered this way???

Reply to
Veggie

Sounds like whoever you rented it from is at fault. The headlight assy. was probably replaced without a realignment.

Dana

SNIP

Reply to
Dana Rohleder

Considering how easy it is to align the headlights in an L200, I'd say whoever worked on them last was lazy.

In all likelihood, a bulb went out, and the person who replaced it didn't check the alignment.

Veggie wrote:

Reply to
Mark Walters