The Vue

I'm knocking around the idea of checking one out,my 03 Ion will be paid off next year,I sure could use the space,no foot room in the
Ion.I still like th manual shift& this starts out with a 4cylinder,matbe next trip to my Saturnstore for whatever breaks.
Just FYI, the Spring Hill made VUE is no more, GM closed Saturn's Spring Hill plant (a stupid move, IMHO) and the last VUE rolled off the assembly line last month. Git 'em while you can. Or when the new Daewoo built (ya, I know) VUE arrives later this year, you might find good deals on used VUEs.
--
marx404

Most depressing. I am now entering into an income range that would allow me to purchase a new[er] car, and now that Saturn is no more, I'm not sure what I want. Kia's have timing belts. No good. I guess I'll just stash S-Series and some Vues on the back 40' :P
On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 20:37:37 -0500, a rock fell from the sky, hitting teem on the head, and inspiring the following:

Well, I'll guarantee you the Vue is not much bigger. Even with the seat all the way back, I feel kind of tight in the Vue.
I much prefer sitting in my Avalanche. :)
--
kai
On 26 Apr 2007 14:54:14 GMT, PerfectReign

Thanks for th 411,figures,when i show an interest in something--poof-- it be gone.now the question is: will the Vues in the dealerships still be around,or,sell 'em to an auction.thers goota be more foot room than the ions.
I don't know how big the other guy is, but I just bought an 05 Vue and i am 6 foot 3 inchs 258 pounds. Lots of room. I actually have to have the seat ahead a bit. My two other s series cars, I had to have the seats as far back as they could go in order to drive them.

snipped-for-privacy@warp.nfld.net says...

Yeah I dont know what PR is talking about... I'm 5'11" and I found the Vue to be very spacious in the front and in the back. I never had to put the front seat all the way back.
@windstream.net says...

There is a good deal of foot and leg room. The floor boards are deep so your thighs will make full contact with the back seat. The only issue I have with the Vue is no lumbar support. That could easily be added by the owner however.
wrote in message says...

I agree - Unless PR plays for the NBA or is Sgt. Hightower there's plenty of leg room. I'm 6'-1" and I think I'm 3 or 4 "clicks" up from all the way from the back position, and when you have a stick, you have to be a comfortable distance...
PS: For those that don't get the Sgt Hightower reference, that's from a bad (but good in a way) "Police Academy" movie, as when he learns to drive he doesn't fit in the Honda, so he literally rips the front seats out and sits in the back seat to drive :)
IYM
On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 21:53:54 -0400, a rock fell from the sky, hitting BläBlä on the head, and inspiring the following:

I dunno. I guess it comes from being an Avalanche owner. I am 6'4" (190cm) and just don't find it particularly roomy.
It IS fun to drive, tho.
Driving a 6,000lb truck, you don't get the fun seat-of-the-pants experience you get in a V6 VUE. :P
I really do need to make it a bit quieter, tho. What tires are recommended? I have the OEM tires still at 25,000 miles.

It all depends on where your height is. I'm only 5'-11", but I'm quite long between the knee and foot. This gives me great trouble in some vehicles when there isn't a telescoping steering wheel. My knee hits the steering wheel and I can't properly place my foot on the pedals.
Guys, there are plenty of VUEs out there to be found right now and many dealers have 'em plentiful. What I was saying is that probably by the year end, there will hardly if any at al be any '07's left.
--
marx404

The Ions Have zero room on the floorbehind the pedals.I've adapted after 4 years.

Site Timeline