SC-2 Seat

Hello Everyone,

I have a 94, SC-2 with 166k on it. The passenger seat has rarely been sat in. The seats have had seat covers, but my seat fabric is getting thin.

A few post back in, SC2 seat problem, it was suggested transplanting the seats. Does anyone know if this will work with the 94 seat ? The Seat cushion Adjustor is to the left on it. Would this cause a problem ? What about the back support levers on the seat back ? Transplant just the bottom ?

Any advice will be Greatly Appreciated.

Thank You So Much,

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne

You cannot feasibly or safely IMHO swap the D/S with the P/S seats on the SC2 as you say, the controls would be on the wrong side and would be impeded by the center console. SC1 seats would be more possible.

Reply to
marx404

I, too, have always wondered if you could exchange seats.

The driver side seat in my 97 SC2 started to get a small rip, so I got seat covers for the pair of them.

One thing that has always bothered me... I got one of the SC2s just one year before they offered the 3 door model. On the passenger side, when you pull the release lever to fold the seat forward, the seat will also slide forward smoothly. When you push it back into place, the latch catches in the same location where you released it with the lever. My driver's side seat does not do this, so every time I need to put a box in the back seat, I have to use the front lever to move the seat forward. Then I lose my place, and have to re-adjust my seat. This just seems to annoy me. Is this some asanine "safety feature", or has my car seat been broken all this time?

The seats have had

Does anyone know if

it. Would this cause

just the bottom ?

Thanks.

Remove the BALONEY from my email address.

----------------------------------------------------- Matthew Fries Minneapolis, MN USA snipped-for-privacy@baloneyvisi.com

"Quit eating all my *STUFF*!" - The Tick

Reply to
Matthew Fries

No, that is the way it was designed. As the DS 3rd door opens 90 degrees to allow rear seat access, the PS seat "smart slides" using the side lever. Yea, it would be nice if they both worked the same, I get goofed up trying to remember what seat goes what way, but hey, the fact that I cold fit a brand new 27" TV or a "19" monitor into the rear DS using just the 3rd door forgives all. My pet peeve with the SC2 is the black plastic snap-on door sill plates that collect water every time you wet the car, it's a rust prone area and must be dried every time, or else.

Reply to
marx404

marx404,

Thank You Much for your reply. It sounded like such a good solution. But alas, I guess it is not to be.

Again, Thank You,

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne

Reply to
HyperCube33 (Life2Death)

Funny that the GP mentioned a 19" monitor. When I bought my 19" CRT monitor, I couldn't get it in the back seat of my 97 SC2, so it rode in the passenger seat. I have a manual transmission, and I couldn't get past 2nd gear, because the box was in the way. Luckily, I only had to drive a couple of miles, and I took back roads the whole way.

Another amazing shipping feat was where I packed 2 very large desktop computers (in boxes, with foam) and a 17" monitor (also in a box). It's easier if you fold the seats BACK instead of forward to get stuff into the back seat.