2008 Saturn Vue XE 4 cylinder vs 2008 Pontiac Torrent

RE: 2008 Saturn Vue XE 4 cylinder vs 2008 Pontiac Torrent

I've narrowed my search for a small SUV to these two cars.

Main reasons, forward folding passenger seat, reclining rear seats and lots of rear leg room. I need these features as I sometimes need to work on my laptop from the car and like to sit in the back.

Both FWD, Both Leather interior. Both black exterior.

I was able to negotiate the Vue down to about 24k Out the door.

And the Torrent for about 25k out the door.

The Vue is 4 cylinders, but drives real nice for a 4 and will save some gas money.

The Torrent is 6 cylinders, but engine seems loud and kind of low torque for a v6.

The Vue does 19 city mpg, the Torrent 17mpg. (Slight win for Vue - though not a fair play)

Leather on Torrent seams cheaper grade, comes in charcoal, Vues leather seems nicer, but in taupe. I prefer charcoal, but the taupe does look nice with black.

As far of space in the back seat, the Torrent is incredible. roll the driver seat up and fold the passenger side and I feel like i'm in my living room. Incredible to think it's a small SUV.

Exterior looks, both have their pros and are attractive. To me, much more attractive than the Honda CR-V. Also the CR-V does hot have a folding passenger seat (who cares right? well I do). Many small size suv's also still have the spare tire showing which is stupid. Sometimes the Torrent looks like a Minivan. Sometimes the Vue looks like a cheap Korean car.

All that said, I would just buy the Torrent for the rear seating space and dark interior, my only concern is a online few reports I've read that might imply cheap plastic parts int he car might break and that over time, and in classic GM style, the engine might get weak and clunky.

Any strong opinions about these cars or better alternatives? Any reason to simply not buy the Torrent?

My most desired features in my next small SUV.

- Folding flat passenger seat

- Reclining rear seats with plenty of head and leg room

- Despite being small SUV, something that does not say, girly car like the CR-V seems to scream.

- Decent fuel economy

- Around $25k OTD with leather (I know that seriously narrows the field)

Thanks in advance for any help or information.

Reply to
jc