TOWING A SATURN- from theCONFUSING owners handbook !

200s series page 247

Towing- when you call the towing service tell them:

"That your Saturn can only be towed with a vehicle carrier or wheel lift tow truck"

Then on the next page (248) the idiots at Saturn contradict themselves! They say that the car can be towed on "ALL 4 WHEELS"!

"To prevent damage to the automatic transaxle when towing a Saturn on all four wheels, make sure the transaxle fluid is at the correct towing level. The fluid, when checked at normal operating temperatures of 190 degrees to 200 degrees F , should be in the cross-hatched area on the dipstick. Towing speeds should not exceed 65 mph."

page 247 statement in not for manual trnsmission. They say "WHEN TOWING A SATURN ON ALL FOUR WHEELS"- which means ALL SATURNS.

If they ever can make up their mind which it is- they ought to spell it out in BOLDFACE TYPE on the dashboard- unless they enjoy having owners keep their mechanics busy.

Reply to
misterfact

I don't know why I'm bothering to feed the troll, but here we go...

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (misterfact) typed until their fingers bled, and came up with:

when towing a DISABLED VEHICLE, this is how it is to be done - this means that they cannot use one of the older frame/bumper lifing tow trucks.

ALL S SERIES SATURNS CAN BE TOWED "4 DOWN" USING A TOWBAR. is that clear enough for you?

Reply to
Kevin M. Keller

Great- now tell that to all those "knowlegable" Saturn experts who keep posting that "you can't tow ANY Saturn on all 4 wheels". They appear under heading "Saturn Horror Stories". Again- If some models can and some can't- send a note to Saturn like I did and suggest they quit burrying that info in small print- and put it on the dash!

Reply to
misterfact

If you put your owner's handbook on the dash, you will have it there...

Reply to
Jerry

If you can't read and unstand the Saturn owners manual, you are retarded and shouldn't be driving. You probably need a helmet to prevent injury during your daily life because you tend to forget where your head is positioned. You need warning labels on knives to be reminded that they can potentially cut you. You are the reason we have child safety lighters. You need a cork on your fork to prevent you accidently putting your eye out.

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

Nooo!! We need some form of Darwinism. Let these people be.

Lane

Reply to
Lane

Yeah, but I don't want them out on the road where they can potentially injure me through shear stupidity: "There is no warning lable on the rain, how was I supposed to know it would take longer to stop" However, you are more than welcome to gather them all together in a "winner take all match of stupid" somewhere where they aren't a danger to others and they can go at it.

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (misterfact) typed until their fingers bled, and came up with:

send a note to Saturn like I did and suggest they

because if you can't read the owners manual, you shouldn't be driving. and anyone who tows 4 down behind an RV should be smart enough to check that before buying a car.

Not all people are so ignorant that they buy something that doesn't meet their needs, and then whine that it doesn't work.

Reply to
Kevin M. Keller

No kidding. I once watched a guy in a Dodge pickup (the ever popular

4X4 one. Every time I see this, I wonder why they don't just call it a 16 ;) In 4WD, in the snow, he floors it froma light and is all over the road. It's kinda fun, if you're out of the way, to watch a 4WD thing spin all 4 wheels and slide and spin around in the road.

Traffic in the opposite direction was a bit less than ammused.

It's fun watching SUVs crash if you're not near them - every year they always have a few good vids on the news of some dip doing 50 - 60 in the snow just slide and spin and roll....

Reply to
Philip Nasadowski

He reminds me of the type of people like the idiot that sued mcdonald's because the coffee was hot and she got burned. Talk about fsckstick.....

Reply to
BANDIT2941

Yeah, I was going to bring that up. I can't imagine all the warnings that would be required on a car if people were really so many shades of stupid that they had to be warned not to, for example, try to stop the fan blade with their tongue or other bodily appendage. There would be so many yellow stickers all over the car you wouldn't be able to tell what color it is. Simply reading the owners manual should give you a pretty good idea on how to care for your car and treat it safely. One of the resons *I* bought a Saturn was because of the friendly dealership, I'm sure if I had a question on how to treat/care for my car they would tell me straight up what to do.

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

Glad to hear that Ken Oelrich sued the Saturn Dealer who stood behind their fine print owners handbook. I guess the court saw differently. Go tell the Judge that Oelrich needs to learn to read or get a pair of glasses!

Here's the story (under Saturn Horror Stories):

a horror story about saturn I tow my saturn behind my r.v. the dealer never told me I had to balance and rotate my tires. every 6000 miles. the transmission was destroyed they told me it was my fault. I sued them in small claims court and a few days before the court date they refunded me the $3500.00 I paid to have it reparied.the dealer in roseville ca. was absolutely no help, customer service told me too bad. so I had to sue them.it was amazing how fast they settled when they were served with small claims court papers. I did it all on the internet from my home in auburn ca. . the total cost was $27.00. (certified return receipt.filing papers etc) I have 37000 miles on it and am on my third set of tires. so my advice after trying to deal with these people do not fight them take them to court,. until they change management, think twice before buying a saturn. I will not go into all the details but you can email me at snipped-for-privacy@dc.rr.com

kenneth oelrich

Reply to
misterfact

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (misterfact) typed until their fingers bled, and came up with:

there was no judge - it says he settled. it was cheaper for them to give him $3500 than to go to trial. too bad Ken is an idiot. Even my MOM knows to get her tires rotated & balanced every 6k miles.

Reply to
Kevin M. Keller

I honestly don't believe there could possibly be someone this stupid. Kenneth should be removed from the gene pool and banished to the Antarctic where he won't be a danger to others. Anybody that stupid is not worth the air they breath.

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

Michael Korman is the poster. Kenneth Oelrich was just a guy stupid enough to correspond with a completely automotive ignorant s.o.b. (with strongly questionable mental facilities) that greatly abuses the word "fact". Hope Ken likes spam. Because Korman is the type stupid enough to post other peoples email addresses in full for spam bots. LOGIC, Facts, and Common Sense are completely foreign to this assclown. People like those 2 deserve to get burned at every turn in their life. They are far to stupid to be helped. The only form of transportation they can somewhat grasp is a shopping cart. Even then they would find time to bitch about a floppy caster... Thats why I'm thankful for my newsgroup filters.

Reply to
Blah blah

LOL. OK, I'm relatively new here, I have basically mostly lurked when I am about to buy/lease a new Saturn, I may have posted a couple times in the past, but not much. I see I have picked up on one of the groups trolls just by accident. Speaking of trolls I see that Scharf guy is still around after 6+ years.

I might add that I have loved all my Saturns (I'm on my 3rd), and have never had any serious problems with them or the dealer I bought them from. I may end up being a rather boring poster :-)

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

Ok sorry ... hate to bust in here.. but a question.. how exactly was the transmission destroyed? If it was in neutral, no matter what the tires were doing, the transmission shouldn't have been affected, should it?

Reply to
Matt

Manual transmission is not a problem. An automatic on the other hand, needs hydraulic pressure to keep the clutches set properly. Without pressure, the clutches drag and wear. Short distances at low speed are not too bad.

Reply to
Oppie

Reply to
Matt